Contact UsMoorish Science Temple of America, Inc.
Address: 2905 5th St.,SE. Washington, DC. 20032-2560
Phone: 202-547-7597/ Fax: 202-547-7595
For further information, please contact a Temple near you by visiting our Temple Locator or enter Here
A HOLY COVENANT OF THE ASIATIC NATION
1. Ye are the children of one father, provided for by his care; and the breast of one mother hath given you suck.
2. Let the bonds of affection, therefore, unite thee with thy brothers, that peace and happiness may dwell in thy father's house.
3. And when ye separate in the world, remember the relation that bindeth you to love and unity; and prefer not a stranger before thy own blood.
4. If thy brother is in adversity, assist him; if thy sister is in trouble, forsake her not.
5. So shall the fortunes of thy father contribute to the support of his whole race; and his care be continued to you all, in your love to each other.
Islam is a very simple faith. It requires man to recognize his duties toward God Allah, his Creator and his fellow creatures. It teaches the supreme duty of living at peace with one's surroundings. It is preeminently the religion of peace. The very name Islam, means peace. The goal of a man's life, according to Islam, is peace with everything. Peace with Allah and peace with man.
The Koran, the Holy book of Islam, tells us that the final abode of man is the "House of Peace." 'where' no vain word or sinful discourse will be heard. The Holy Divine Prophet, Noble Drew Ali, says that a follower of Islam in the true sense of the word is one whose hands, tongue and thoughts do not hurt others.
Object of man's life, according to Islam. is its complete unfoldment. Islam teaches that man is born with unlimited capacities for progress. Islam does not support the idea that man was born in sin. It teaches that every one has within him the seed of perfect development and it rests solely with himself to make or mar his fortune.
The cardinal doctrine of Islam is the unity of the Father-ALLAH. We believe in one God. Allah who is All God. All Mercy, and All Power. He is Perfect and Holy, All Wisdom, All Knowledge, and All Truth. These are some of His great attributes so far as we can understand.
He is free from all defects, holy and transcendent. He is personal to us in so far as we see His attributes working for us and in us; but He is nevertheless, impersonal. Because He is Infinite, Perfect, and Holy, we do not believe that death, decay, or sleep overtake Him. neither do, we believe that He is a helplessly inactive and inert force. Nothing happens without His knowledge and will. He neither begets nor is He begotten, because these are the trails of frail and weak humanity.
This unity of Allah is the first and foremost pillar of Islam and every other belief hangs upon it.